Marco Island is a paradise for kids and families looking for a beach getaway with plenty of activities and attractions. Located off the coast of Southwest Florida, the island boasts stunning beaches, nature trails, and ample water sports that will keep all members of the family entertained. But what are the top 5 things to do with kids on Marco Island?
1. Visit Tigertail Beach: With its shallow, crystal clear waters and soft white sand, Tigertail Beach is a perfect spot for kids. The beach also has a playground and nature center, where kids can learn about the local wildlife.
2. Take a boat tour: One of the best ways to experience the island's abundant marine life is by taking a boat tour. The tour guides will take you and your family around the island's waterways, where you may glimpse dolphins, manatees, and a variety of bird species.
3. Explore the Marco Island Historical Museum: Take your kids to the Marco Island Historical Museum to learn about the island's culture and history. Here, they can see exhibits on the Calusa Indians, early settlers, and the development of Marco Island.
4. Go kayaking: Kayaking is a great way to explore the island's mangroves and estuaries. Kids will love taking in the views as they paddle around the waterways, and they may even spot a few dolphins or manatees along the way.
5. Visit the Conservancy of Southwest Florida: Located on the north end of the island, the Conservancy of Southwest Florida offers interactive exhibits, educational programs, and a boardwalk trail through the mangroves. This is a great place for kids to learn about the local flora and fauna.
Whether you're looking for a day at the beach, a kayaking adventure, or a chance to learn about the island's history, Marco Island has something for everyone. So pack up the family and head to paradise on Marco Island!
Looking for a vacation rental on Marco Island?
Here's a sneak peak of our properties: